Hey, y’all! This month, on January 18th, will be the 7th anniversary of when I started my first webcomic. For almost all 7 years, I’ve been working on my old computer, Marten, and it’s come time to replace him. So I’m hoping to raise the funds I need to do that!
How to Help:
- Share your favorite comics with your friends on your social network of choice! Alex’s Guide is syndicated on Tumblr and Google+ along with the main website.
- If you’re using an ad blocker, please add an exception for “http://www.alexsguide.net”. Your sweet, delicious pageviews will do the rest.
- If you’ve got a comic, Etsy store, or something else of your own to promote, you can run an ad on my site with Project Wonderful! I’ve got a leaderboard and a skyscraper, and both have pretty darn low rates most of the time.
- Take a stroll through my online store. I’ve got all sorts of stuff for sale, including the originals for almost every Alex’s Guide comic.
- Buy one of my graphic novels through IndyPlanet (Sorry, no signed option available.)
- Garanos Volume I
- Garanos Volume II
- Garanos Volume III
- The Shepherd
- Alex’s Guide to a Life Well Lived (24 Hour Comic)
- Make a one-time donation with PayPal.
- Come to Ohayocon this month and buy something at my Artist Alley table!
All the funds generated by my advertisements, store sales, IndyPlanet Sales, and donations will go straight into the New Computer Fund. I’m also pledging 50% of my profits from Ohayocon to the pot as well, so we should be able to reach my goal of $800 in short order.
What Does this Mean for the Comic?
For one, I’ll be able to work more quickly and efficiently on a machine with adequate RAM. For the folks who used to read Garanos, you’ll remember that I used to do live video streaming of making the comic, which I haven’t been able to do for a very long time since my computer can’t handle it. With the new computer, I’ll be able to broadcast again, and share my creative process with you while being more engaged with my readers.
I’m also going to be starting a brand new comic series in the coming months, and a better computer will mean a better final product.
So please spread the word! And here’s to a kickass start to 2012.
You can check the fundraiser’s progress HERE!